Designing for Big Data

|
As a follow up to the posting Transparency is bunk is Jeff Veen's presentation Designing for Big Data. The relevance to this web site is his statement at the end of the presentation that we need to have tools that don't tell specific stories about data but enable you to discover the stories in the data. It is my belief that the future of investigative journalism will combine traditional storytelling as static narrative and analytical storytelling as dynamic visualization.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do encourage commenting here and strongly hold that one should stand up for what one says. This blog is itself not anonymous because I stand up for what I say. To this end, anonymous comments are not permitted. Include your full name and email address along with your comment. I will use this information for confirm that you did post the comment.