An unhappy resolution to the petition issue

|
Colleen Camp called me about the petition issue. The opinion of the Town Administration's office is that my petition is actually two requests. The first request is for a Committee to be formed with a specific charge. The second request is to increase the municipal budget by $1000. They are separate requests and are processed separately. The request for money is via the petition. The request for the committee is via a letter to the Town Council. There is no way to legally link the two.

The Town Council can follow the spirit of the new budget process and honor the goal of the two requests. Or they can check the goal by either not forming the Committee or not funding the Committee.

I will send the letter to the Town Council requesting the Committee and get the partition for the Town Clerk. Luckily, I am not restricted in advocating why I want to spend $1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do encourage commenting here and strongly hold that one should stand up for what one says. This blog is itself not anonymous because I stand up for what I say. To this end, anonymous comments are not permitted. Include your full name and email address along with your comment. I will use this information for confirm that you did post the comment.