Making other plans alongside the financial ones

|
A second response to Vincent Murray's email.

Rereading your letter I want to address the part

"At present the Town Council, School Committee, Town Manager and Superintendents primary focus is developing a budget in very difficult fiscal circumstances. Given this singular focus, the consideration of changes to engage and inform the citizenry though electronic means will have to await the municipal and school budgets being crafted and finalized."

It is my experience that if projects are not made part of the budget then the project is not done. The town is very careful about planning: It is to the town's great credit that it has a multi-year perspective on necessary changes. Even the lowly trailer get has a multi-year replacement plan! Further, the only means of enabling ACTUAL change within the town is via the budget process. I do understand that this is a difficult budget year. It is difficult for my family too (I have no job in Feb). However, the difficulties must not prevent the town or my family making other plans alongside the financial ones.

If there is alternative way to have change happen within the town and school outside of the budget process then please do help me and the greater South Kingstown community understand.

Yours truly,
Andrew Gilmarin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do encourage commenting here and strongly hold that one should stand up for what one says. This blog is itself not anonymous because I stand up for what I say. To this end, anonymous comments are not permitted. Include your full name and email address along with your comment. I will use this information for confirm that you did post the comment.