Corporate responsibility to the local community

|
Tracy Hart asks
Would you be volunteering your services to assist whomever at the Town Council to create the system?
Yes. I believe strongly that we should use our professional skills to help community projects: Often times applying these skills is much more valuable than the money we can give. There is a section of Lou Gerstner's Who Says Elephants Can't Dance?: Leading a Great Enterprise Through Dramatic Change where he talks about corporate responsibility to the local community. In it he advocates providing skills more so than money. This idea had an enormous impact on me. Each year I have found a project that I could help in this way. It has been enormously stratifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do encourage commenting here and strongly hold that one should stand up for what one says. This blog is itself not anonymous because I stand up for what I say. To this end, anonymous comments are not permitted. Include your full name and email address along with your comment. I will use this information for confirm that you did post the comment.