- Crack open government data and access.
- Bring together all stake-holders in the community for face-to-face discussions.
- Teach digital media literacy as a basic course for all. Bridge the digital divide.
- Create an online hub that aggregates local information.
- Boost community radio with local reports, roundtable discussions, deeper looks at issues.
- Disseminate information with smaller run print publications.
- Rethink public access TV with online hooks.
- Make libraries an important real-world hub.
Posted by Andrew Gilmartin at Wednesday, May 06, 2009 |
In Building the Ideal Community Information Hub Mark Glaser writes about what is beginning to emerge from the comments to PBS Engage's What are your information needs? mentioned here in an earlier posting. Glaser lists eight steps to building an ideal community information hub: